Thursday, 26 December 2013

A little time in the morning.

It's nice to have a couple of days away from work and dare I say away from home. I don't get the chance that often and to be honest when I do, I'm not the first to embrace it. However, it's Christmas time and at Christmas time we get the chance to put our feet up and simply chill for a while.

The last couple of days have been spent doing exactly that and this morning was for sure one of the high points.

A number of months ago I decided to have a go at Tai Chi. Since them I've plodded a happy little road training as often as I either can, or can be bothered. I made a decision not to put to much pressure on myself around training and to simply try and see what happens.Turns out that was the way forward for me.

Now I train two or three times a week and really, really enjoy it. That being the case, this morning was a real high point in my training. This morning I spent some time in a frosty garden in the middle of the county side with the birds singing while I practiced. It was a memorable experience. I enjoyed it and will surely do it again. And that is the key for me, I really enjoyed it.