Thursday, 7 November 2013

Just a little knob

Funny how the little things stay with us and that sometimes if we wait around long enough, it all turns out ok in the end. A number of years ago  me and Mrs D put together a pair of Twelve and Twelve scrolls for our local F&E committee.

This in its self was a nice little bit of service and as is mostly the case with service, i enjoyed it. Enjoyed to a point, until one of the wonderfully rounded knobs fell from one scroll.

I then spent years, years mind you seeing those scrolls up at various C.A events with a knob missing. Needless to say, this has caused me much distress. However, tonight that all changed. Tonight the scrolls returned to the Dobbo household and I was able to attach the knob that has for so long been missing. It was a truly momentous moment, a feeling of deep satisfaction has once more come over me. Tis cool.