Wednesday, 3 July 2013

What's with all the numbers?

Ever looked at your phone and noticed the time was 11.11 or maybe 2.22, 4.44 etc? I've always been drawn to sets of numbers like that and have even been know to pull over on the side of the road when a particularly  pleasing sequence of numbers show themselves on my cars odometer. Over time I've even taken to thinking of such events as little God moments, a time to stop, to reflect, take a breath and plod on. In the past this has been known to happen to me as much as two or three times a week. Till recently that is.

Over the last couple of weeks I've been noticing these kind of sequences four or five times a day!!! I cant get away from the bloody things and to be honest it's starting to freak me out just a little bit. Day after day 10.10, 5.55 etc,etc,etc. Then last night, I wake to Jack shouting in his bedroom and rush in to find to poor little tike throwing up all over his bed. Happily, or maybe not so happily cleaning up puke my other half suddenly springs into muffled action asking if everything is ok then pointing out that its 3.33.

I watched a film called white noise a few years ago that span my mind about 3.33 in the morning, if you've seen it, you know. If you haven't, you don't know. Either way, I have to wonder what, if anything all this signifies. I still like the idea of little God moments through my day (and night) maybe I just need to take time to listen a bit more.