Friday, 24 August 2012

The easer softer option.

If drugs and alcohol are your problem, you will probably be ok.
If drugs and alcohol are your solution, you are probably fucked.

It took me a while to get my head round that one. For such a long time I truly believed it was all down to the booze, the gear, the speed etc, etc. I really thought if only I could stay clean, things would be fine. Then I did, and they most surely were not.......

Years latter when I was introduced to the Twelve Steps I was to discover that the problem was me, not drugs, not alcohol, just little old me. Once I was able to understand this I had a chance to do something about it, about me. The rest was fairly straight forward. The only thing now is to keep going, keep doing the things I was shown by the people who went before me.

Turns out working the steps really is the easer, softer option.