Monday, 1 August 2011

My pathological hatred for anything camp related

So the Dobbo's have just returned from our first ever caravaning expedition and I've got to say it was a decidedly enjoyable experience. This I must say came as a complete surprise to me. It's fair to say that I'm not the type who puts up with any degree of roughing it when a good nights sleep is concerned. I'm a big fan of hotel rooms and for that matter room service. Add to that my pathological hatred for anything camp related and you get some sort of idea about how i (as they say) roll.

However, despite this I found myself really quite enjoying the whole caravaning experience. Granted the caravan is hardly a year old, the awning on the side of it is bigger then a lot of the bedsits I've lived in and my most wonderful in-laws took care of us like royalty.

The up shot is I get the feeling I might just be a bit of a natural. The offer to use this most marvellous home on wheels has been neatly placed on the table and I suspect the Dobbo's will be gratefully taking full advantage of it.