Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Asylum

Tomorrow the Dobbo's are off (minus the boy) on a road trip to Canterbury. A dear friend has just got through university and we are going to clap and take photos. At least that's what I think goes on at that sort of thing, what ever that sort of thing is.

It's got me thinking, thinking about the place we met and more importantly the people. A number of years ago a happy little band of us bumped into each other in a rehab by the sea. For those who don't know, rehab is polite talk for total fucking nut house.

From my point of view it was a great place to be. I found a wife, a best man, God father for Jack and up till now a couple of life long friends. I also of course found how to walk very softly from room to room in the dead of night. It was there I perfected my now famous stealth mode. Famous at least in the Dobbo household.

It's an odd thing how fate (if that's what you want to call it) can put a bunch of people together and total change the direction their life was going. My trip to the asylum did that and no mistake. I've got to say I'm mostly pleased about that.