Friday, 29 April 2011

A royal wedding going on

 Its been quite a day today. For the folk who don't know we had a royal wedding going on in good old blighty and for many it was a great thing. On the other hand for some it was a chance to piss and moan about the royal family and possibly the state of our country.

I have absolutely no reason, or for that matter wish, to piss, moan or in anyway grumble about the state of our country or the royal family. Truth of the matter is I'm quite happy with my lot. I like living in the UK, I like the fact I get health care, I like the fact my rent will be paid if I'm not working, that I'll be educated and that we have a royal family.  I also like the fact that if I don't like this stuff I'm free to fuck off somewhere else.

So today I found myself invited to a friends house with my family to watch this royal wedding. To eat freshly cooked scones and to sit by a river with a silly hat on, amazing.
 I also got the chance to meet some new people and I've got to say for me, this is a big thing. We even had a little dog with a T shirt en-blazed with a humorous quip.

I still get that pinch yourself thing when days like today come along. I mean, come on, tea and scones? Is this really the life I live? the life I want? Too damn right it is.

I'm a big fan of this stuff. To even be invited is a big deal for me, never mind actually turning up and having some fun. So to each and every one who maybe thinks this sort of stuff is not for you, truth is you may well be right. It's not my concern.

I, together with my friends and family have had what I consider to be a fairly great day. Some folk got married and some flags were waved. I even feel a bit proud to be British.