Monday, 3 January 2011

New strings attached

Mrs D  got me a new set of strings for my guitar at Christmas and tonight I final got round to changing them. Those who know, know. But for those who don't, a new set of strings on almost any guitar is quite simply a breath of fresh air. It really highlights how a simple change, can make all the difference. And that's got me thinking.

Over the last couple of days I've been listening to folk and quietly smiling at the various new years resolutions they have been coming up with. The endless list of what will soon become empty promises seem to food from young and old at this time of year and I always wonder why people feel the need to wait. Why no simply deal with things as and when they come up?

So what of my resolutions? To be honest I haven't got any, but that's not to say I'm not making some changes. The truth of the matter is I'm normal making small changes, little tweaks if you will. Once in a great while I might give myself a new set of strings, but for the most part it's just gentle tuning. My hope is that 2011 will be a year of gentle tuning.