Tuesday, 11 January 2011

The forth Step Promises

We let Him demonstrate, through us, what He can do. We ask Him to remove our fear and direct our attention to what He would have us be. At once, we commence to outgrow fear. Alcoholics Anonymous p.68 We have listed and analyzed our resentments. We have begun to comprehend their futility and their fatality. We have commenced to see their terrible destructiveness. We have begun to learn tolerance, patience and good will toward all men, even our enemies, for we look on them as sick people. Alcoholics Anonymous p.70

It still amazes me how much I hear people talk about this dreaded Step Four thing. I listen as my fellows share tails of woe and despair about the deep dark secrets that may (or may not) come out. How will I cope when these things are revealed to me, they say. Blah, blah, blah, they say.

Well here's the thing, and please listen carefully. There is NOTHING in your step four you haven't done at least once already, NOTHING. It would seem to me a
Fair amount of folk go and get pissed when they put this stuff off. Often justified be fear of what they might discover about themselves. Please try to remember, the fourth Step is your inventory and as such, you know it already.

Posted from Blogium for iPhone