Friday, 10 December 2010

Student shenanigans

Dear old Mrs D decided to put something on her facebook page yesterday just to see what the response would be. It was to do with the recent student shenanigans and I've got to say I was staggered by the way people reacted. On the back of that it has become quite apparent to me that some folk take themselves much, much to seriously. Now obviously I know I can't do anything about that, but what I can do is take look at myself and ask the question, am I taking myself to seriously?

A couple of days ago the Christmas tree went up in the Dobbo household. I thought it looked quite good but unfortunately the 20 lights a twinkling didn't seem to cut the proverbial mustard. Tonight we tried again this time armed with 160 lights a twinkling. The end result is much improved, but what a fucking nightmare doing it. You see I have the most wonderful wife, I truly love her with all my heart, but she's really not the person to put up Christmas  decorations with. Nevertheless, the job is done and the weekend is ahead of us. Tomorrow the afore mentioned Mrs D will be celebrating a very cool six year anniversary and I will do my best to not take myself to dam serious.