Saturday, 16 October 2010

No fruit was thrown

So, as some of you folk will know, I've recently started studying with the open university. Today I had my first face to face tutorial and I've got to say I was a little on the nervous side. In fact I was some what pooping myself. Its an odd thing that I can still generate such high levels of fear and anxiety in myself before anything actually happens. It took my right back to my first day at Uley primary school when I didn't want to let go of my Mums hand at the school gate.

Anyho, despite the above I showed up and made my way to the allocated room. This in its self turned out to be quite a thing due to Bournemouth University having a bloody open day. Every one and there dog had surely turned up  and the place was packed. Joy, pure joy. When I eventually got to where I needed to be it turned out to be quite pleasant. Nobody, and I mean nobody stood up and screamed "get out you evil bastard" no fruit was thrown, not even so much as a grape. People were simply friendly and helpful.

So very often my idea of how things are going to pan out seems to be a little off centre. In fact most of the time I'm nowhere near. This is indeed a good thing, I just need to remember it a bit more often.