Monday, 27 September 2010

Just snapping

I remember the days of the old SLR with 35mm film. Everything was manual and you never knew what you were going to get until the film was developed. Some of the old traditional folk out there will say that's the way it should be, that's what real photography is all about.

Personally, I think that's bollocks, I'm a big fan of the digital SLR. Even the dumbest of the dumb can usually manage to get a good shot once in a great while. You might need to take a couple of hundred to find it, but so what. It's as simple as deleting the crap and what's left is pure genius.

I like that, I like the easy softer option and the modern age is all about that. So the question for me is quite simple, do I live as a ludite in the past? Or do I make an effort to keep up with the modern word and have an easy time of it? As Nikon prepare to release yet another marvel on the world of photography, I'll be watching, waiting and getting ready for a life of ease, what about you?

Posted from Blogium for iPhone