Friday, 2 July 2010

The whole obsessing thing

It's a funny thing, the effort that can sometimes go in to whatever the focus of our obsession  might be at any given time. At the moment Mrs D is hard at work trying to get iso4 working on her 3g iphone with multi tasking etc. She's been at it for sometime now and the stress is starting to show. Should I go for it and risk screwing the lot up? or should I just leave it she asks. This really is a damned if I do damned if I don't thing. Leave it and the obsession to multi task will continue, go for it and Mrs D might end up iphoneless.

The whole obsessing about anything has always been something I've tried to smile at. It's nothing new to me, for as long as I remember I've slipped in and out of obsession about one thing or another. Sex, drugs, clean finger nails, you get the picture? I guess it's about knowing the difference between a real obsession and a want that looks a bit like an obsession.

What I know right now is that I'm relatively free of that shit most of the time, not all of the time, but most. What I also know to be a fact is that at-least for now, Mrs D has an 3g running iso4 with all the extras of a 3gs. Sometimes the end result is worth the grief, only sometimes though.