Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Judgement

I wonder where this "we shouldn't judge people" thing comes from. Seems to me that its one of those sounds great but is really a load of shite things. If we don't make split second on the spot judgements, how can we keep ourselves and our loved ones safe?  Maybe by the power of the non judgemental spiritual god like force of  carrot infused broccoli teabag pie.

I've often heard people say things like "you have no right to judge me" or even from time to time, "don't you dare judge me" To each and every one of my brothers and sisters who voice such views I simply say, sod off.

You see, I will judge you. I'd love to be able to say I won't but that would be so much crap. I do it all the time and I really don't want to change around that stuff. You see it helps keep me safe, it saves me getting upset and having to kill you and your family. Because of the gift called judgemental-ism, I can work out if your a complete twat and act appropriately. Seems like a touch of common sense to me.

However, within this I still need to look for just a little moderation. I need top be able to make my judgements and keep myself and my loved ones safe, of-course I do. But within that I need to also keep my little old ego at bay as best I can. The problem is that as soon as I start judging you, I'm setting myself up to judge myself as better then you, or once in a great while, worse. Either way it's a dodgy road for one such as I.

So what's the answer I hear you wonder. Well It seems to me that yet again It comes down to that old balance thing. I make my judgements, but try to not be judgemental. I work out where I stand In the pecking order then make sure I don't peck etc, etc. As is almost always the case, this stuff can be thunked until it can be thunked no more. The end result? the answer? I'm not really sure. Maybe we should all go away and thunk about it.