Saturday, 29 May 2010

Friends

This afternoon me, Jack and Mrs D went to spend some time with some old friends we don't get to see that often. It was nothing mind blowing, we just spent some time together chatting and had a bite to eat while the kids played. Like I said, nothing mind blowing, unless of course your me that is. You see, for me this stuff is mind blowing.

For as long as I can remember I've found it hard to feel at ease with just anyone. For sure it's got better over the years, but sometimes I still have trouble, but not today, not with real friends. I can sometimes miss the importance of the people in my life, particularly the ones I don't get to see that often.

Today has reminded me of the importance of friendship and the responsibility I have to keep up my side of the deal.