Saturday, 22 May 2010

Common sense

On this most wonderful of sunny Saturdays I've just spent the last three hours sat in a youth club with a few other folks discussing the 12 concepts, and loved it. Is that a bit odd, a bit strangely strange? Actually don't answer that one, I have a good idea what your thinking, I always do. I like this sort of thing in my life, but I've dropped a bit of a hairy spud this weekend.

Me and Mrs D have a deal. It's quite simple. Neither of us commit to any fellowship stuff on a Saturday if we can help it. If it comes up we at least check it out with each other. Fool proof eh? So in my usual considerate way I went to the Mrs and got the nod for taking my mate to a meeting tonight. Again I say fool proof. What I failed to remember, consider of even think about was a workshop I'd put myself up for during the day. At this point any label marked fool proof should be discarded.

It seems to me that the label fool proof is used far to much in this day and age, closely followed by the phrase common sense. You see, even at the ripe old age of 42, my common sense ain't all that common. So where do I gauge this so called common sense? I blogged last march about the great philosopher Homer J Simpson and the wonders of his mind. My best thinking has concluded that I could take life direction from worse people.