Monday, 19 April 2010

Now that's progress

It's been a bit of an odd day thus far, at least that's how it feels at the moment. I guess the pivotal moment was when I found out the woman who smashed up my dear old Micra has now decided it's not her fault and in fact I reversed in to her as opposed to her stuffing me up the rear without even buying me a pint first.

Bit of a bugger that. Unlike her I don't drive a nice new mobility car with all the associated perks such a thing brings. A beat up old Micra is as good as it gets. Why can't people be just a little more honest instead of screwing everyone at the drop of a hat.

But here's the thing, I know only too well how the truth can be bent, twisted and dam right smashed to get your own way. I spent a fair few years being slightly more flexible with the truth then was good for me, or anyone near me for that matter. Now i'm not condoning it by any means, all i'm saying is what goes around, comes around. Maybe it's coming round my way.

Of course I want to go round to this woman's house, hide in her garden until about 4am and smash every fucking window out of her house, that's perfectly normal. But I won't. What I'll do is piss and moan to my friends for a while, keep telling the truth and deal with whatever comes out of all this. Now that's progress for you.