Sunday, 4 April 2010

Like father, like son


They say like father, like son. I spend a lot of time watching my lad Jack as he goes about his day to day business and I've got to say (with a degree of pride) the poor little mite is from time to time just like his Dad. Much to the annoyance of Mrs Dobbo he will freeze the instant the F1 music starts, as is the case with the Simpsons. Its great to watch. Of course, the other side of the coin is if Jack has inherited parts of my character who decides what he gets? is it the good stuff, or is it the bad. One thing i believe to be a fact, is who ever knows, it's not me. What i do know however, is that with every part of my being i Love the little feller. A direct consequence of that love is i will do the best i can at any given time. Anything else is, i guess, out of my hands.

I suppose what i need to be careful of is i don't miss whats going on now because i'm worried about what might happen in the future. Right here, right now things are good and good for me is most excellent. I had an afternoon at a fair closely followed by serendipity soft play area with Jack, a lovely chicken supreme for tea and a bit of H&I service tonight. Now with my feet up i'm settled in front of the telly, ice cream on stand by knowing i don't even have to get up for work in the morning. Most excellent indeed.