Monday, 12 April 2010

Good enough is good enough.

I blogged this morning about dragging my feet to work and the realisation it's just another Monday. Well half way through the day and things are fine, in fact things are quite good. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened; it really is just another Monday with all the usual office tasks to take care of. So why you may ask your self are things quite good.

Things are quite good because put simply, good enough is good enough. For so many years I struggled to find any thing positive in life. My mind set was so fixed on "stuff will fix me", I was missing the point. The point that good enough really is good enough.

Obviously I get stressed out from time to time, clearly money has to be earned and bills paid. This is the
modern age we all live in. But what of that contentment I spent so long searching for? Was it to be found in my bank balance, the quality of my car, watch, house? Was it fuck? The only place that feeling of
contentment could ever be found was deep down inside me.

It took me quite a while to work that one out and fundamental to that discovery was the total acknowledgment that at any given point, good enough really is good enough. Today thus far I haven't killed, or even tried to kill anyone. I've not tried to harm anyone in anyway and I’m doing the best I can. That’s good enough.