Friday, 2 April 2010

A bit of carrot cake and a hot latte seem to do the trick for me when so many other things fail. I'm not sure why I thought It a good idea to go shopping with Mrs D and her mum today, but think it I did and to make matters worse, do it I did.

Only moments after touch down I realized the error of my ways. By the time we left shop number one poor little Jack was close to the edge and I knew what I must do. I had become surplus to requirement. This was a job for one with a much bigger bank balance then mine. I bid a fond farewell to my wife and child and plodded of on my merry way.

An hour of wondering around the usual places eventually took it's toll and I ended up here. A coffee and a slice of carrot cake my reward for having the common seance to get when the gettings good.

So what have I learned from today? The country great Kenny Rodgers put it wonderfully. "you got to know when to hold up, know when to fold up, know when to walk away and know when to run.

As a result my Easter weekend has remained (thus far) stress free. Long may it continue.
Posted from Blogium for iPhone