Monday, 11 January 2010

The best i can

Blog, blog, blog, blog. Where do we go from here then folks. Monday night in and all's quiet with the mrs gone to a meeting. Should i say that? what about her anonymity? What about mine. Arse, that's blown it i suppose. So, now the anonymity thing is done with, abit more about me. In my 40's and not had a drink or drug since 3/3/03. Getting on for 7 years now and what a journey its been. From street junkie to what some might refer to as a productive member of society, seems a mad thing to write even now.
The whole recovery thing was handed to me through a 12 step fellowship and i do my best to live my life within the principles laid out in said fellowship. I really don't think it makes that much difference which one, they all seen to have good bit and bad bits so if it works for folk, i'm cool with that.
Seems to me though that too many people have the ability to talk a good recovery then walk out the door and carry on like complete prats. Im learning that what i say makes very little difference in this world, the money shot seems to come from what i do. With this in mind i think i'll carry on doing the best i can for a while and see what happens.